Header/Navigation Bar

Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Marinated Collards

I have to admit that I loathed collards growing up. In the South you boil these things and serve them with vinegar. The smell of these things when my grandmother cooked them completely turned me green! The Hubs had a coworker that swore these things were good. I was hesitant but received some collards on our produce box a few years ago. I figured why not try them since we had them.. We now LOVE these! I actually don't use the onions in ours. I also will substitute red, orange, yellow or whatever kind of pepper we have in the house at the time. 

Picture and Recipe Via

Recipe- 1 bunch of collard greens (about 8 large leaves), tough stems removed
1/2 medium onion, thinly sliced (I use minced onion or sometimes none)
1 large red bell pepper cut into thin strips (I've used yellow, red, orange- whatever you have!)
1-2 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 Tbs olive oil
2 Tbs Tamari sauce
salt and black pepper to taste

Mix all together using your hands to massage the dressing into the veggies well. Refrigerate at least an hour before serving or overnight.

I hope you enjoy these as much as we do!

No comments:

Post a Comment