Header/Navigation Bar

Tuesday, June 3, 2014

The Bench Revive

Happy Tuesday!

Today I wanted to share my very first DIY project. Our porch is an odd shape but I wanted something inviting and if we happened to want to sit there we could. The prices for benches are ridiculous!! I didn't want to sink $200 into something that was going to sit outside. This started my interest in craigslist. I stalked that site everyday for weeks! One Monday morning I stumbled across this beauty. I immediately emailed the owners and arranged to come that day. Luckily they lived 2 mintues from my office, it was meant to be :). It definitely had some serious sun damage but it was made of a good sturdy wood. Sold! I quickly loaded this into my truck and off I went.
The next day I called my Dad and made a trip to Lowe's to get some sanding materials. I sanded on this thing every day after work for a week! I then hauled it to my Dad's for staining. My Dad has more paints and stains than anyone I know. He's also a master at this kinda stuff. He immediately went to work.  The next week, I picked this back up and on our porch it went!

I love how this turned out! Not bad for $40 and a little bit of work! Of course I then started plotting on how to decorate this bench. Off to Carolina Pottery- I bought several patterns to try and finally decided on red, black and white- image that!! I had purchased a wooden monogram- I'm obsessed with monograms!- after my Hubs and I were married. When we moved I couldn't decide where to put this, so it been sitting in our attic. My Mom actually mentioned this might be a good spot and she was right! I love how all this came together! Excuse the bit of pollen now collected on the bench.

Thanks for stopping by! Until Next Time Lovies- Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment