Header/Navigation Bar

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Lunch

Happy Wednesday!

I am horrible at remembering to take pictures of things. I made a summer dinner last night and completely forgot to take a picture! I've been seeing so many post corn, tomatoes, avocados, and other summer treats that it inspired me to try something too. I had planned to try and recreate this salad I saw over on Natalie's blog- designer bags & dirty diapers- Chopped-blt-salad. I got lazy last night and didn't feel like roasting the corn. My hubs also didn't sound too excited about a salad last night so he opted for wheat bread, bacon, lettuce, cheese, tomato and mustard. I decided to be a little different so I opted for bacon, cheese, tomato (yes- pause for reaction! If you know me- you know I hate tomatoes but they are seriously growing on me in sandwiches. I still can't handle them by themselves or in a salad just yet), and avocado in a spinach wrap. It seriously hit the spot! The hubs even commented that I was good and he'd like to have it again soon. See my re-creation for lunch today since I didn't take a picture last night!
I can seriously be a lazy cook sometimes. I love good food but sometimes after working all day I just don't feel like spending an hour or more in the kitchen. I bake my bacon. The hubs thought I was weird when we first got married by doing this. I use a cookie pan with a lip to prevent the grease from sliding off. I wrap the pan in tin foil and preheat the to 400 degrees. Cook for 12-17 minutes depending on your oven. I remove the bacon strips from the pan to paper towels immediately to drain and excess grease. Super easy!

Until Next Time Lovies!-Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment