Header/Navigation Bar

Monday, June 2, 2014

Craigslist Find Makeover

Happy Monday Loves! I hope everyone had a good weekend! I am by no means a great DIY-er. This is my second DIY project and I can't take credit for most of this. We moved in November and I've been scrambling to get this house decorated. I am very picky and I can't visualize anything! We were trying to save some money so I had been browsing craigslist almost daily. I came across this little table. I love the details. My husband was excited it had cushions and not just the wooden bottoms. So we went to check it out. Let me tell you I was kinda surprised how beat up the top of the table was. I took these pictures and immediately sent them to my Dad. He's great at DIY projects and he's a perfectionist.

He thought he could work with this so we negotiated a price. We picked this up and hauled it to my parents house. My Dad showed me how to use an electric sander. This was my first time using anything like that. I will be honest I only did this for a few minutes and my Dad pushed me out of the way. He told me to let him handle it. I told him I wanted the white painted black and distressed, to sand out the damage top and restain it. The cushions were a hot mess so they were quickly ripped off. After much searching I finally found the perfect fabric to recover the chairs.




I am just thrilled with the end result! I will have to say they turned out better than I ever imagined. I can't wait to have someone over to try them out!

Until next time Lovies!!- Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment