Header/Navigation Bar

Monday, August 25, 2014

Weekend Recap.. Paddleboarding!

Happy Monday Lovies!

As usual my weekend was over in a blink of an eye! I was blessed with a 3 day weekend and it still felt short. I haven't decided if the weekends actually feel short or if I enjoy my time off that I just don't want them to end. Maybe both..

Thursday night I headed to Topsail Beach with my in laws. Friday morning my FIL and I had paddleboarding lessons scheduled at 9am. Let me just say that I was glad it was early because it was a muggy hot day! As for paddleboarding.. I LOVED IT!! I'm so ready to try this again. I was shocked how I picked it up. It's definitely a workout but something new and fun!

After our lesson we headed to breakfast. I found a new favorite spot, Sears Landing. The view, the mimosas, and the omlette was amazing! I definitely recommend this spot.



The rest of the day was spent on the beach or the couch. It was crazy hot outside. And I waited for my Hubs to arrive.

Saturday we got up and my wonderful MIL made us breakfast. It started to rain- BOO! So we made it a lazy couch day for the most part. We decided to try Quartermaster's for dinner. The atmosphere and food were great! We started off with crab dip, sorry I didn't take a picture of that one.






After dinner we all said we were full but I successfully convinced everyone to stop for some ice cream!


Sunday was gorgeous! Figures since we needed to head home. We did manage to get about 2 hours of beach time in before having to pack it up and head home. The Hubs couldn't leave without trying his favorite spot, Max's Pizza. Sorry I don't have any pictures but the food was good. The Hubs' is obsessed with the house special pizza.

I hope you had a good weekend!!

1 comment:

  1. I love paddleboarding! It's so much fun and such a good workout! Sounds like an awesome weekend, figures it rains on your day to hang out and is nice on your day to come home. Sounds like you ate some delicious food though

    ReplyDelete