Header/Navigation Bar

Tuesday, July 7, 2015

25 Weeks

Happy Tuesday Lovies! I'm finally back on somewhat of a normal schedule. As you can see, I'm definitely becoming large and in charge lately. I can even fathom what the next few months.. yes months.. hold. Thanks for following along!


how far along: 25 weeks! 
 
size of the babies: Size of rutabagas!  
 
total weight gain:  15 lbs overall.. I'm sure that # will be up at my next appointment. I'm hungry 24/7 these days!
 
gender: TWO BOYS!!!
 
maternity clothes: 100% minus a few maxi dresses that are regular sizes. 

stretch marks: Yep- on my hips.. boo!! 
 
movement: lately they like to kick each other. It's crazy to watch my side move.
 
sleep: Ugh.. lately it's been hard to sleep. These little rascals are ready to kick nonstop when I'm ready to lay down. I move around but it's hard to get comfortable. 
 
missing: Deli meat, raw sushi, and fun cocktails.
have you told friends/family: Yep! Everyone should know by now. If you see me, you know I'm preggo. 
 
cravings/aversions: chocolate ice cream with almonds or blueberries lately. Still watermelon and special K cereal. I've also added ranch dip and sea salt potato chips to that list.
 
symptoms: I have to pee ALL the time! Heartburn at night can be hectic sometimes now.
 
cries: I seriously tear up at EVERYTHING. But manage to control it for the most part.

labor signs: No

belly button in or out: I think it's starting to poke out a bit.

wedding rings on or off: On for now. We've had a lot of storms that have cooled things off a bit- thank goodness! So my fingers and feet haven't been swelling like they were the week before.
 
the hubs is: helping me count down the days now. He's seems to be getting really excited to meet them.
 
babies are: per the ultrasound on 6/30/15 one boy is 1.7lbs and the other is 1.11lbs. per what to expect- babies are growing by leaps and bounds, reaching 9 inches in length and passing the pound and a half mark. Under their skin, capillaries are forming and filling with blood and by week's end, air sacs (also lined with capillaries) will develop in their lungs, getting them ready for that first breath. Mind you, those lungs aren't ready for prime time just yet-- but they are developing surfactant, a substance that will help them expand after birth. And speaking of breathing, their tiny nostrils, which have been plugged up until now, are starting to open, and his vocal cords are getting ready to roar. 
 
looking forward to: Seeing the nursery come together and our many showers. We have the best friends and family!
 
not so best moments: I'm definitely starting to feel ALL the pregnancy symptoms now. My back hurts, I basically waddle, I'm starving 24/7 and may or may not be indulging in more junk food than normal all of a sudden, I'm tired and just down right grumpy. I desperately want these babies to bake until week 35 at least but heaven help me I don't know what I will do that far along. It's definitely hard to even bend over. Rolling over in bed leaves me out of breath. Just praying I can make it through without biting anyones head off or having too many meltdowns. Please pray for me! Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment