Header/Navigation Bar

Thursday, May 28, 2015

Thoughts on Thursday- Gender Reveal this Weekend!

Happy Thursday Lovies!

Oh how I've counted down the days, hours, and minutes until the moment we find out what these two monkeys are. Now that the moment is almost here, I'm now starting to worrying and hesitate a bit. I'm not worried about what the genders are but more about the testing. We opted to not do any early screening for genetic disorders. We said early on that if something is wrong that God has a reason and we'll deal with it. So why worry a few extra weeks about something that we can't change?! They are sending me for a level 2 ultrasound tomorrow. I pray that the babies cooperate so that they can measure and examine everything accurately. I pray that God has given us two perfectly healthy babies. I pray that he continues to bless this pregnancy and we have two happy, healthy babies in a few months. I'm a natural worrier, I try not to be but I am. I just hope I can breathe a sigh of relief after my appointment and get back to being excited about finding out the genders.

Now the genders. I have gushed about every scenario.. one of each... sweet sisters.. best buddy brothers.. I don't care. I see the ups and downs of all the scenarios. I will admit that I'm starting to get nervous because these are our first and last babies. We don't plan on having any more children (God and modern science willing). These babies will be our entire worlds. These babies will complete our little family. So I'm excited.. nervous.. and anxiously anticipating the news of what we have been blessed with. We have our ultrasound tomorrow and will find out with our family on Saturday. :)

Who knows if these old wives tales are actually correct but I thought it would fun to try them out before finding out if these little peanuts are a BOY or a GIRL or ONE of EACH! Not really sure how this works compared to one baby but I thought it would be fun anyway. 

Chinese Gender Predictor
According to Baby Center, legend says that the gender chart is more than 700 years old and was discovered in a royal tomb. It predicts your baby's sex based on your Chinese lunar age at the time you got pregnant and the Chinese lunar month in which you conceived. 

Prediction: BOY

Fetal Heart Rate
This one says if your unborn baby's heart rate is higher, above 140 beats per minute, that means you're carrying a girl. A lower heart rate below 140 bpm means you're having a boy.

Prediction Baby A: 160- GIRL
Prediction Baby B: 168- GIRL

Needle Test
The needle test says to string your a sewing needle with thread and then dangle it over your belly while you are laying down. If it swings back and forth it's a boy and if it swings in a circle it's a girl.

I made my Hubs do this one. It immediately starting going in a circle. Then it stopped and started going back and forth. So weird!

Prediction: GIRL and BOY

Mayan Age and Year Legend
This one works by taking the mother's age at conception and the year of conception. If both are even or odd, it's a girl. If one's even and one's odd, it's a boy.

Age: 31- odd
Year: 2015- odd

PredictionGIRL

Morning Sickness in 1st Trimester
If you have bad morning sickness then it's a girl, if you have little to no morning sickness it's a boy. 

Prediction: BOY

Bad Skin Theory
This one says that girls steal your beauty and boys enhance your beauty, so if your face is breaking out and your hair is greasy it's a girl. If your skin is glowing and your hair is thick and voluminous it's a boy.

This one is hard. My hair has actually been better lately. My skin is still breaking out but not any worse or better than it was before pregnancy. People have told me I glow.. I think they're being nice but I'm on the fence on how to answer this one so I'm calling a draw.

Prediction: One of Each

Sleep Position
If you prefer sleeping on your left side, you'll have a boy. Right side? You'll have a girl.

Prediction: BOY

Food Cravings
Craving salt during pregnancy? Potato chips, pretzels, and popcorn means a boy is on the way. Need a little something sweet? Ice cream, chocolate, and candy mean's you're having a girl.

I first craved anything salty. The more salt, the better. Now I crave a lot of fruit. So I'm calling a draw on this one too.

Prediction: One of Each

Face Weight Gain
If your face gets fuller, you're have a girl.

Prediction: BOY

Dream Meanings
If you dream about having a girl while pregnant, you will wind up having a boy and vice versa.

Prediction: GIRL- I've had several dreams that I have two mean little boys.

Breast Size
If your right breast is larger than the left while pregnant, you're having a girl. If the left is larger, it's a baby boy.

Prediction: BOY

Personal Predictions
I've sorta had nightmares that I'm having two MEAN little boys. Other than that, I really have NO clue. I just can't wait to find out what these little monkeys are! I seriously took Monday off so after we find out I can go shopping! :)

Final Tallies- BOY-8
                       GIRL-7

Thoughts for Thursday
Linking up with Natalie and Annie.

No comments:

Post a Comment