Header/Navigation Bar

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Coconut Cookies

Happy Tuesday Lovies!

Sorry for the delayed silence over here. I was in Atlanta for work most of last week. Work has been a little crazy since returning and adding a 4 day weekend well..I'm just really behind!

Last week was my Grandpa's birthday. We planned a Saturday night dinner to celebrate. I made a cake for my Grandma's birthday I talked about it here. So I wanted to do something special for my Grandpa as well. They aren't doing the best these days and well I just want to make sure they know how much I love them. My Grandma said my Grandpa loved coconut cookies.

*Sorry for lack of personal pictures. I'm having technical difficulties this morning.
Chewy Coconut Cookies Recipe

Ingredients:
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cups flaked coconut

Directions:
1- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
2- In a medium bowl, cream the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until smooth. Beat in the egg and vanilla until light and fluffy. Gradually blend in the flour mixture, then mix in the coconut. Drop dough by teaspoonfuls onoto an ungreased cookie sheet. Cookies should be at least 3 inches apart.
3- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until lightly toasted. Cool on wire racks.

Recipe Via.

I usually do pretty decent at following recipes. Saturday was NOT one of these days. I baked my first batch and they looked pretty but tasted horrible! I mean down right disgusting! I trashed them immediately. I decided to make another batch. The second batch was equally as gross. I racked my brain trying to figure out what was going on my cookies. Then it hit me! I was putting 1/2 cup of baking soda and not 1/2 teaspoon.. I'm an idiot! My third batch seemed to be on the right track except when my egg slipped out of my hands and into my mixer. The shell and all! So finally my 4th.. yes 4th batch was finally good! Thank you lord! I seriously almost broke down in tears on the 3rd batch when I dropped the egg but luckily it all worked out. My Grandpa loved his cookies and I'm just thankful I got to spend another birthday with him. I'm mad that I didn't get any pictures. The restaurant was crowded and it was dark and cold outside so photos didn't happen.

I hope everyone is having a good week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment