Header/Navigation Bar

Thursday, December 18, 2014

Thoughts For Thursday

Happy Thursday Lovies!

Christmas is ONE.. yes 1 week away!!! I can't believe I'm typing this right now. Where has this year gone?

+ I am shock that we haven't had a single Christmas party to attend this year. I'm actually kinda saddened by it. We have a ton family gatherings. We had a potluck and a neighborhood gathering but just not the traditional get all dressed up Christmas party.. :( Maybe next year.

+ I finally got motivated to print pictures for my gallery wall. My Mom insisted that I stop by a local frame store to get them framed. I had 1- 11X14, 2- 8X10s, and 3- 5X7s. I seriously about passed out right there when I was quoted $1141 plus tax. Excuse me? I quickly grabbed my pictures and got the the he!! out of there! Michaels is it. No way in he!! I'm paying that for a frame and some mats for pictures that I'll probably change out eventually and have to have redone.

+ Christmas isn't the same since I got married. I hate to say it but I don't look forward to it anymore. We run from house to house and the day is pure choas. I come home and collapse when the day is done. I miss the days of sipping mimosas and snacking all day by the fire. I miss Christmas being relaxing and no travel required. I love seeing family don't get me wrong but packing it all into one day is just beyond exhausting. Maybe one day I will convince everyone to break it up.

+ I'm still in shock I get off 10 days for Christmas. Well I am taking vacation days. I had vacation time left and at my company you use it or lose it. I am coming into the office on Friday January 2nd and I'm sure I'll be extra productive.. hahaha. I'm not even sure what I will do with all that time off. I'm sure it will fly by in a blink of an eye!

+ I'm terrified that I will catch the flu. We've had two coworkers with kiddos come down with the flu this week. I had my flu shot but apparently they aren't very effective this year. I have wiped down every inch of my office and wash my hands frequently. I do NOT need that crap! Especially not on my vacay but I don't want it ever!

+ Is it bad that I'm already plotting dreaming of my Christmas decor for next year. I've already been thinking of what I would like to do differently or change up. I really don't want to wish my time away but I'm seriously that obsessed with decorating for Christmas. I know.. I have issues. 

+ If I get one more pimple.. I'm going to scream! My face and my back (sooo gross) have lost their damn minds. The dermatologist keeps telling me it's stress. I also have this weird jaw popping then pain thing going on. I happen to have my 6 month check up on Monday and asked the dentist. Without asking anything he said you must be really stressed. GRREEAATT.. So although I've felt soo much more relaxed with all the money I've spent on acupuncture, I'm apparently still really stressed. Fabulous!

Happy Thursday Lovies!

Thoughts for Thursday
Linking up with Natalie and Annie.

3 comments:

  1. That's so awesome you get 10 days off, woohoo!!! I need to print out pictures, I've been soooo bad about it recently! We haven't had a big Christmas party either, this year. I do miss the dressing up, but I'm enjoying the peace of not running around.

    I hope this Christmas goes well for you. maybe once kids are in the picture [if you plan to have them] you can say, everyone come to us because we want them to have traditions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that is a lot to have some pictures framed! I told my family I wanted gallery picture frames for Christmas from Bed Bath & Beyond and Pottery Barn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WoW! That price for picture frames?! All that back and forth with the families…. Lots of my friends have stood strong with their families and just divided it… with 2 now, you will drive yourself insane and everyone will be so tired!!!

    ReplyDelete