Header/Navigation Bar

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Tuesday- Weekend Recap

Happy Tuesday Lovies!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Labor Day weekend!

I want to start off by saying that I failed to link up with anyone on Friday. Friday morning I had computer issues and I just gave up! So sorry about that!

Friday the guys came to fix our backsplash in our butler's pantry. Well they got 2/3 of it done. Now we're waiting on the last piece. Things are never easy!


We headed down to Carolina Beach to stay at my parents house for the weekend. Saturday was absolutely gorgeous! We couldn't have asked for a better beach day. We got to hang out with some friends and their kiddos as well.

The Hubs and my Dad went to set up our tent and came back with a bicycle. Apparently someone was giving this bike away. My Dad is a sucker for anything free. He was excited to paint it and use it. Gotta love my Dad! He also wasn't excited about riding the bike all the way back to the house and convinced my Hubs to pull him on the golf cart. Ridiculous I tell ya!


For dinner we headed to the Deck House with the parentals.


 The Hubs has voiced that he's over pictures! So this weekend was basically a lack of pictures. :(

After dinner we stopped by God Hops Brewery for a drink.. I really do love their beer!

Sunday was another great beach day. It was a bit hotter than Saturday but I'll take it! We enjoyed some beach time with several friends and kiddos! We joined some friends and their family for dinner at Rucker Johns. I'm mad at myself for not taking a picture of my salad and amazing crossiant! Our food was delicious and I couldn't leave there without their brownie sundae. It's too die for ya'll!!

We had talked about meeting some friends out to hear a local band but we were basically in a food coma. The Hubs fell asleep in the chair and I wasn't very motivated.. yes we are old!!

Yesterday we got up and enjoyed a quick breakfast at The Gulf Stream before heading home. We had planned to go to an end of summer social in our neighborhood. Once we got home and settled, the Hubs decided it was too hot. I had decided I would still go. Well I knocked over a bottle of wine that shattered and went EVERYWHERE. So I spent the next hour cleaning floors, cabinets and picking up glass. So no social for me! A few neighbors joined us for some cocktails at our house and we ordered in pizza.

Overall another great weekend down! I did NOT want to get up today and face reality.. Oh well! Hello Tuesday! I hope yours is great lovies!

No comments:

Post a Comment