Header/Navigation Bar

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

More on Savannah

Happy Tuesday Lovies!

I figured breaking up our trip would save from post over load! No such luck, Ha! Beware of a long post!

Friday we got an early start and decided to take on overview trolley tour of the city. It was only 90 minutes but it gave us an overview of where everything was located and then we could venture out on our own. We took a few pictures of buildings, walked around, and set out for lunch. A high school friend of mine recommended The Public for lunch. Their sandwiches were amazing! I had the cuban and the Hubs had the chicken/bacon/ranch. We decided to try their strawberry shortcake too! I wasn't a fan but the Hubs enjoyed it!




The rain set in for the afternoon/night and we made our way back to the hotel. They have a free happy hour from 5-6:30. We took full advantage of this since the rain headed our way. We didn't have any dinner reservations for that night so we decided to just go to Huey's in our hotel. It's a New Orleans style place. The Hubs loved their gumbo and oyster po boy. I had their crabcakes. Their benigets were amazing!!!





We loved that our room overlooked the river. We could open our balcony and hear music from the bars below. Best way to enjoy some drinks!

Saturday we headed out to wander around again. We decided to go into St. John the Baptist Catholic church. These pictures don't do this church justice- it was beautiful!!! A baptism was actually in progress but we were still allowed to walk around quietly.




We stopped by Leopold's recommended to us by a college friend. I love some ice cream so it was right up my alley!


We also stumbled across this convenient stores called Parker's. Loved it! Of course I needed a picture here- the Hubs declined. Ha!

We stopped by the Distillery to enjoy a beverage or too! This place was really neat and I loved all the cute sayings and chalkboards!

We had dinner reservations at the Olde Pink House. This came highly recommended by my boss and just about everyone I talked to when planning this vacay! It did not disappointment. The scorched flounder was amazing!! Of course I was in love with the chocolate torte oblivion! Best food here! If you're ever in Savannah- make plans to eat here! 



I was sad to get up Sunday morning. I did not want to head back to reality! But all good things must come to an end.. So long Savannah- I hope to see you again soon!


Sorry for the major picture overload! I tried to selective but it's soo hard! I hope everyone is having a good week!

1 comment:

  1. Fun! We have only been there once, and it was an obligatory family visit when my husband's mother still lived there, so we didn't really see the city. I will remember The Olde Pink House if we ever go.

    ReplyDelete