Header/Navigation Bar

Wednesday, April 22, 2015

13 and 14 week Updates..

Happy Wednesday lovies! I'm starting to get slack on my weekly update posts already.. so hopefully this will catch me up. I'm also slacking in the picture department- I guess every other week isn't too bad?! I'm counting down the days until we find out what these babies are.. Today we're at 38 days.. Now on to my updates!

13 Week Update
how far along: 13 weeks! 
 
size of the babies: Size of peaches!
 
total weight gain: I asked at the doctor this week and they said 1lb. Not sure I believe that because I feel big already but I'll take it. 
 
gender: Dying to know what these monkeys are! Countdown.. 45 more days..
 
maternity clothes: Yep. Already 100% maternity pants. Some shirts I'm not breaking down and wearing maternity. I wore a few dresses this week that I think I should put away because they were a little snug. 
stretch marks: Nope. Starting to itch so I'm sure it's coming. 
 
movement: Not really. 
 
sleep: Sleeping ok. I'm starting to have some back pain and my sides get sore. I so I flip a lot. 
 
missing: Raw tuna/sushi. 
have you told friends/family: Yep. All family knows. Most friends know. We've only told people we've seen or heard from others. We still haven't posted anything on social media. Wanting to wait until we can tell everyone in person first. 
 
cravings/aversions: Random cravings at the moment but nothing major. Strong smells still turn me off of food.
 
symptoms: I have to pee ALL the time! 
 
cries: I was doing so well.. My Hubs' grandmother called to say she would make quilts for the babies. I was so excited. I hung with her and cried my eyes out. Damn pregnancy hormones!!

labor signs: No

belly button in or out: In.

wedding rings on or off: On. Wondering for how long though with the temperatures also getting warmer. 
 
the hubs is: Getting excited. He rubs my belly every night and talks to them. It's pretty sweet. He's going to be the best Daddy!
 
babies are: forming bones in arms and legs, the intestines are beginning to move from the umbilical cord to the abdomen, and the vocal cords are well under construction. 
 
looking forward to: Finding out what these babies are in a few weeks.. I'm seriously counting down!
 
best moments: Ordering baby books this week for the munchkins! I can't wait to start writing in them. :)


14 Week Update!
how far along: 14 weeks! 
 
size of the babies: lemons!
 
total weight gain: I'm sure another 1lb after all I ate this weekend! So maybe 2-3 total.
 
gender: No clue! Really dying to find out what these monkeys are!
 
maternity clothes: Pants yes.. some shirts now.. also some dresses are starting to get tight.
stretch marks: Nope.
 
movement: Nope.
 
sleep: I sleep ok. I wake up several times to pee and flip as my sides tend to get sore. 
 
missing: Energy but otherwise nothing. 
have you told friends/family: Yes.. most people should know by now. Still haven't announced it on social media. We'll do that soon. 
 
cravings/aversions: Starting with a few cravings.. baked potato, beef stroganoff, and waffle house hash browns.
 
symptoms: Lack of energy and having to pee all the time but otherwise none.
 
cries: Yes.. dang it! I opened the baby books I ordered from Emily Ley and bawled my eyes out. I hate you hormones!

labor signs: No

belly button in or out: In.

wedding rings on or off: On.
 
the hubs is: Getting excited about finding out what the babies are.. trying to convince him to have a little gender reveal party.. so we'll see.
 
babies are: developing roofs in their mouths and intestines are producing meconium. Also sporting downy coating of hair that keeps them nice and warm. 
 
looking forward to: Counting down the days until our level 2 ultrasound to find out what these babies are!
 
best moments: Opening baby books and planning what I'm going to write/do with them. So exciting!!

1 comment:

  1. I totally miss my raw tuna sushi! How exciting that you go the baby books! And still so exciting that you can say "books" plural! Two babies! What a blessing! :)

    ReplyDelete