Header/Navigation Bar

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Catch Up.. Weekend Recap

Happy Wednesday Lovies!

How is it Wednesday already? Sorry for being MIA last week. My allergies were kicking my butt. I was also off on Friday because it was my birthday! My Hubs and I had a little beach weekend getaway. It was fabulous! I came home so relaxed. It was also nice to have President's Day off as well. I was able to run errands, get caught up on laundry and all the "fun" stuff before work again on Tuesday. Well mother nature had other plans.. we got ice and a little bit of snow. So yesterday ended up being a DVR catch up day with my Hubs.  Here are a few pictures from our weekend getaway!

My Hubs and I love Oceanic. We stopped there for my crabmelt sandwich- my fav!

His flounder.
My crabmelt sandwich.

We had dinner at Rucker Johns on Friday night for my birthday. They have the best salads and honey drizzled crossiants! I meant to take a picture but I was too hungry to pause. They brought out this brownie sundae- delicious!
Saturday the wind was a bit bad. My little crab welcome sign is now on his last leg. We've had this since the house was built. I need to replace him with something else. If anyone has any suggestions on where to get something like this, please let me know!

We ventured to Wilmington to try Hieronymous Seafood. I've heard so many good things about this place but it's kinda out of our way and during the season way too far. 
They start you out with garlic cheese biscuits! YUM!

My Hubs and I split Mahi and Shecrab soup. So good! 

Valentine's Day dinner was spent with two wonderful friends. They are newly engaged and live at the beach! It was great to see them, hear the engagement story and wedding plans, and just catch up. We dined at one of our favorites places, The Deck House. They wouldn't take reservations and told us it was an hour and 45 minute wait. We snagged a couch in the bar and had some drinks. Luckily we only had to wait about 45 minutes! It was great although we were all tired and sleepy after our big meals!

The newly engaged couple Laura and Matt!

Me and My Hubs!
Our chocolate covered strawberries for dessert!

We had a fun filled weekend of lots of food. If that wasn't enough seafood, my Hubs decided to pick up some from the fish market at the beach on our way home. Our neighbor is an amazing cook and his family owned restaurants. He came over and showed my Hubs how to prepare scallops and shrimp for our Sunday night dinner.




I didn't get any pictures of the ice and snow we got Monday afternoon. I actually didn't go outside at all yesterday! Our poor dog fell down the steps when we let her out to potty so I decided it wasn't worth risking! I hope everyone is having a great week.. stay warm and safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment